Softline Computer Systems, a leader in software solutions for the legal, accounting and financial industry, is looking for an experienced full stack web developer to join its development team and contribute to the expansion of the features of its software solutions.
What you will be doing :
- Write code! Lots of it!!
- Meet with the Project Management team (Project Manager & CTO) and discuss the new features needed to be added to our solutions. The codebase is quite large so most probably you will be handed a specific section/module of the project.
- Follow our coding guidelines and write well-documented and commented lines of code with the appropriate tests to go with it.
- Present your work to the rest of the team (Management & Developers) at the weekly retrospective meeting we hold every -Short!!- Friday.
What you will not be doing :
- Guide the development team as a project manager
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs and new requirements
- Manage social media profiles and help in marketing
You should apply if :
- You have relative experience (2 years +) in using PHP MVC frameworks such as Symfony, Cake, Laravel etc. We use Laravel so if you’ve used it you have a plus.
- You have worked in a Continuous Integration environment before. We use Git for code management, PHPUnit for tests and Jenkins for running everything before production.
- You like providing the user a great experience and you’ve experimented with generic front-end development (HTML5, Bootstrap,JQuery) in order to achieve that.
- You’ve experimented with a front end JS framework such as Angular, React, Vue, Ember and/or any other.
- You know how a web application architecture typically works. We are not looking for a DevOps engineer but knowing a thing or two about AWS and/or Azure gives you a plus.
- You have worked with a professional IDE before. We use PHPStorm.
If you feel confident with all of the above then you are the man or woman for the job. Do send us your CV! On the other hand if you feel you know a few of these points but lack on some, please don’t hesitate to send us your CV. Professional and personal development are at the core of our culture and we will provide the necessary training in order to become familiar with all the tools we use!
Additional qualities which might prove helpful but are not mandatory:
- A university degree in a relevant field
- Experience in building mobile apps (native or hybrid).
- Relevant certifications
- Security oriented.
- No dress code!
- Work from home policies in place.
- Double monitor station with ergonomic chair.
- Fruit, soft drinks and chocolate on us! (Coffee is out of the question)
- “Learning Thursdays” when the development team watches online webcasts and discusses latest development trends.
- “Short Fridays” with work until 2pm and presentations until 4pm.
- Work in a stable, competitive and fast-growing environment.
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org